15 August 2009

N Y C - Part I

Dex and I went to NYC in early August!

After a long Southwest flight filled with delays, we checked into the InterContinental Hotel. First stop...Serendipity for a very late dinner and dessert.

The frozen hot chocolate is to die for.


The next day we rented cruisers and biked around Central Park. It was an easy 6 mile ride around and a great way to check out the various spots!

Bethesda Fountain IMAGINE mosaic
Strawberry Fields
runners, taxis...horse-drawn carriages and Dex on a cruiser
model boat sailing
Central Park views

i love the reflection in the water

For dinner, we met up with my college friend, Valerie and ate at Cuba in Greenwich Village. We enjoyed the mojitos and amazing Cuban food. The fried sweet plantains definitely hit the spot! I was also fascinated by the guy who was rolling free cigars for the customers.


More to come...

No comments: