As most of you already know, Dex has been traveling to Chicago every other week for business. I flew out to visit him on Memorial Day weekend and we had a great time eating, shopping, checking out the museums, people watching and walking around the city.
This was our first trip without Noah and we missed him SO MUCH! I think I called my in-laws to check up on Noah at least two or three times each day.
On Friday, Dex had to work so I checked out the city on my own. I went to the Go Tell Mama I'm for Obama exhibit at the Chicago Tourism Center. The exhibit featured a collection of posters, ads and videos from the Obama campaign.
This was our first trip without Noah and we missed him SO MUCH! I think I called my in-laws to check up on Noah at least two or three times each day.
On Friday, Dex had to work so I checked out the city on my own. I went to the Go Tell Mama I'm for Obama exhibit at the Chicago Tourism Center. The exhibit featured a collection of posters, ads and videos from the Obama campaign.
After the museum, I headed to Bucktown (known for trendy restaurants and boutiques) for some shopping therapy. I ended up splurging on these super cute Farylrobin heels. The cool thing is that you can pull the python strap off and wear the black shoes by itself! There were a couple of cute kid shops, including Psycho Baby and The Red Balloon Co. I was excited to find some cute tees and fun books for Noah.
For dinner, Dex and I went to the Signature Room at the John Hancock building for dinner. We lucked out and got a table with a view...it was perfect! Views of the city from the Signature Room (95th floor)
enjoying my wine
white and dark chocolate mousse cake...YUM!
After dinner, we watched the Memorial Day fireworks that were released from Navy Pier.
On Saturday, we checked out the Chicago architectural cruise. We did the 90 minute combined lake and river tour. It was very educational and the view of the Chicago skyline from the lake was amazing!
Wrigley Building
Sears Tower
I'll be posting the rest of our trip on a separate post... =).
1 comment:
I hear Chicago is a spectacular city. Sounds like a fun trip despite the fact that you missed your boy! By the way, you look fabulous...!
Post a Comment