On Saturday, we went on a double date with Mirm and Martin. The destination...one of my favorite San Diego restaurants, Cucina Urbana.
Great company, delicious food, awesome service and an amazing atmosphere...what more could you ask for!
Here is the meal breakdown:
Antipasti
Antipasti
yellowtail crudo | foraged mushroom+ mizuna + mint + marsala vanilla reduction
ricotta gnudi | sage brown butter+ parmigiano + amaretti
DARN, I didn't take a gnudi picture :). This was definitely a table favorite.
Insalate
short rib pappardelle - the meat was so tender and the pasta was perfect!
ricotta gnudi | sage brown butter+ parmigiano + amaretti
DARN, I didn't take a gnudi picture :). This was definitely a table favorite.
Insalate
burrata + prosciutto ‘caprese’ | tomato + rocket + basil + nicoise olive + saba
Entrees...braised black cod | pistachio caper crust + smashed potato +
peperonata + limoncello butter
whole roasted brook trout | lemon and herb bread crumb+
farro + roast tomato vinaigrette + watercress
short rib pappardelle - the meat was so tender and the pasta was perfect!
pesto’ ravioli | roasted garlic and ricotta stuffing
+ basil puree + pine nut + parmesan butter
+ basil puree + pine nut + parmesan butter
For dessert...chocolate budino & zucchini bread pudding. Both were yummy, but the next time I go, I'm definitely ordering that sinful chocolate dessert again.
If you ever plan to go to Cucina Urbana, you must make reservations...the place is always packed!
No comments:
Post a Comment