03 March 2010

Absolutely heartbreaking...

Wow...what a rough week emotionally! I honestly think I teared up/cried almost everyday this week over something that either happened on the news or to one of my friends. Yesterday, Roselyn's brother & sister-in-law lost their baby, Lucy. She was 7 months pregnant. Earlier yesterday morning, my coworker's 2 year old niece choked on a grape and died.

On top of that, the massive 8.8 earthquake that hit Chile. We have a fairly large office in Santiago and though it is 200 miles away from the epicenter, the office is a mess! Light fixtures and parts of the ceiling fell onto the cubicles. Binders and papers were scattered all over. I am thankful that almost all of our Chile employees have been accounted for. And last but not least, Chelsea King, who was killed at a park near my in-laws' house.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of these people, may they be blessed with the courage and hope to get them through these tragic events.

No comments: