13 November 2012

Noah's in Kindergarten!

Noah's first day of Kindergarten was back in late August.  He goes to Calavera Hills Elementary School which is a little over a mile away from our house.  As most of you know, Noah had a really hard time transitioning to preschool, so we were really paranoid about how the transition to his new school was going to be.  

The day before his first day of school, we went to do a meet and greet with his teacher, Mrs. Phillips.  I think this really helped get him familiar with his new classroom as well as the layout of his new school.  Dex and I dropped him off on his first day of school and he did remarkably well!  He didn't cry or hold on to us like he did the last two years.  

Over the last couple of months, he has made two close friends (Mason and Kaelyn).  In October, we had our parent - teacher conference and Mrs. Phillips said that "he is the model of a well-behaved child."  If only he would exhibit the same behavior at home!  I usually have to repeat myself 2 or 3 times for him to respond to me.  Anyway, I'll stick to the positive stuff. =) Noah has really built up his confidence in his reading skills.  The next time you see him, you will have to ask him to read you one of his favorite books.  

He has learned so much in the past 2 months, I am so excited to see how much more he will learn in Kindergarten. We love his teacher and are happy that we made the decision to move him to his new school (we had debated on keeping him another year at his previous school).  

Go Noah!

First day!

Room K1
Homework at home...Cade likes to pretend he's doing homework too

No comments: