We took our annual girls trip back in September to Solvang. It has been years since most of us have been there. It was a wonderful weekend full of relaxation, laughs, amazing wine and food!
Highlights in bullet format...
- On our drive up to Solvang, we were stuck in LA traffic. BUT, we were there just in time to see the Endeavor Space Shuttle fly over us on a Boeing 747! It was such an amazing moment, I wished that Noah was there to see it. I was driving in traffic, so I need to steal a pix from one of the girls.
- Buttonwood Farm Winery - We bought a "groupon" and was pleasantly surprised by this cozy winery. We really liked the garden in the back, we walked around while we enjoyed our glasses of wine.
- Root 246 - Fantastic for dinner. We split 4 entrees (only girls would attempt something crazy like that), a cheese platter with vino of course. It's a farm-to-table restaurant, so everything was very fresh and delicious. The interior was modern and had a wonderful vibe.
- Solvang Restaurant - For a snack, you must go here for the famous Aebleskivers. For under 4 dollars, you can get these amazing round danish delicacies with powdered sugar and jam.
- Shopping...there are some really cute antique stores to check out. Meesh and I bought rings at Z Folio Gallery. It's a museum store that carries jewelry from independent designers.
- The Olive House - Olive oil tasting...I ended up buying garlic olive oil which tastes amazing with balsamic vinegar and bread.
- Cecco Ristorante - If you are craving Italian, you must come here for a meal! We split a pizza for our appetizer and then most of us had pasta dishes for dinner. We also had a rich chocolate dessert along with the salted caramel creme brulee.
- Paula's Pancake House - Totally worth the wait for breakfast or brunch. The servers were actually dressed in Danish attire. I had the basic eggs, sausage and hash browns breakfast, but I did try the Danish flat pancakes. They were thin and very yummy. There were also a couple of danish bakeries within walking distance of each other, I would recommend walking in and checking them out/perhaps sampling some of their wonderful pastries.
On Sunday, we shopped at the Camarillo outlets. The weekend went by way too fast! Hmmmmm....where shall we go next year?! Sedona, Napa???
No comments:
Post a Comment