We wanted to share the letters that we wrote to Naomi for her memorial. I remember wanting to say so much more, but was so choked up that it was nearly impossible...
CAT:
First, we would like to thank all of you for being here today and for your continued love and support throughout this difficult time. We would like to especially thank our parents who continue to teach us that love is truly the greatest gift you can teach and give to your children. From the bottom of Dexter’s, Noah’s and my heart, thank you so much for always being there.
To our dear baby Naomi,
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful moments that we shared together. I will never forget how excited Dexter and I were when we found out that we were having a baby girl. I couldn't wait to start shopping for you. We bought you a cute pink and brown polka dot dress and hung it in the closet. Every time I looked at it, it made me smile.
We also prepared Noah for your arrival. We told him to be very careful when he was around my tummy. He used to point it everyday and scream "baby, baby, baby!"
I still feel the weight of you in me and I will always remember your gentle kicks. When I delivered you and we looked at your beautiful face, we felt that Naomi would be the perfect name. Naomi is a Hebrew name which means beautiful.
24 weeks may seem like a very short time, but you blessed us in your own special way. Please know that you are a gift and a teacher to us. Dexter and I will both be stronger people because of you. You have taught us to remember to hold on to our faith in God, to love unconditionally and to live each day to the fullest.
We miss you more than you will ever know. As you watch down on us from heaven, please know that we love you very much and we will never forget you.
DEX:
I wrote the following letter to Naomi to help me say goodbye:
My Dearest Naomi,
I write my first letter to you under different intentions for I had looked forward to the many moments I would share with you over my lifetime. And although we only had a few hours to see and touch you, I find strength knowing you heard me and mommy’s laughs and our gentle touches over the past 5 months. I want you to know the voices and laughter you heard from the entire family during our gatherings was the love and joy we as a family will always have for you.
It is these few moments, I know you felt and will take with you, and which we’ll build upon when I see you again. Thank you Naomi for the happiness, the excitement, and the joy you gave us and still give us today. Thank you for bringing us closer together and reminding us that we as parents have been given a miraculous gift in that of our children, and should never take it for granted.
You will always be my little girl, my first daughter, and I look forward to when we can all hold you again. Please watch over us in heaven. We miss you so much and will never ever forget you.
All My Love,
Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment