16 February 2009

Naomi's memorial

Naomi's memorial service was held last Thursday, February 12th at El Camino Memorial in San Diego. We were joined by our immediate family and everything was absolutely beautiful. Dex and I were so overwhelmed with emotion... we thank god that we actually made it through gracefully. One of the most difficult parts was when Dexter and I read our eulogies for Naomi. After we read our eulogies, we arranged to have "Songbird," by Fleetwood Mac play in the background. At that point, I felt like my tears were never going to stop.

It was heartbreaking to carry her little casket to the hearse, then out of the hearse to the graveside. The most peaceful moment was at the end of the graveside service when Dex and I released one white dove. The single white dove was to represent Naomi and her journey to heaven. We then released another 25 doves from a basket, which represents the journey that all of us will one day take to heaven.

We miss Naomi so much. We have already visited her once since the memorial. Here is a picture of her gravesite. All of her flowers are still there and her name will be engraved right next to Dexter's grandma's name.


No comments: