04 May 2010

May you rest in peace...


My dear friend Henry,

On Friday, we attended your lovely memorial.  Your nieces, Elena and Catie, did a beautiful job delivering their eulogies. Catie imitated you perfectly when she said "geeez louise" and "ummmhmmm."  I can't believe she is only 9 years old!  In your honor, we released white balloons...one for every year of your life.  Roselyn, Erika and I also got to meet your sister, Chi.  She looks exactly like you, I couldn't help but tear up when we talked to her.  All I could see was you...

On my drive home after the memorial, I thought of the time you took me to see your auntie for a "reading."  She told me that I was going to get rich through gambling (haha)...and you took me to 7-Eleven to buy lottery tickets.   I stopped by 7-Eleven on Friday to buy a mega millions lotto ticket in memory of you :).

I am blessed to have known you for the past 10 years. You were truly a unique and talented stylist with a vibrant personality.  You gave me the confidence to try out many hairstyles…extremely short...to bringing back the bangs....to changing the color from black to brown and you finally convinced me to do caramel brown with blond highlights. I will never forget our discussions about life, relationships, movies, celebrity gossip, restaurants, etc. And of course, listening to all of your DRAMA and crazy stories. You have the biggest heart. I will also never forget how much you especially cared for your mother and sisters…and chubby babies! 

During my last visit to Henry, he told me that he was an artist and artists always needed to have a new color palette. 

Henry - may you be blessed with a wonderful new color palette in heaven. You will always hold a place in my heart.  Please give Naomi a big kiss and hug for us. We miss and love you.

Henry always wore his "no whining" button

1 comment:

Dragonfly said...

I'm finally catching up on reading my favorite blogs. I just finished reading your post on Henry .. so well written and couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with emotions. Henry will be missed so much. Thank you for introducing him into my life. I know he and Naomi are having a great time up there.