09 June 2010

Road trip to SLO

On the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, my parents, Noah and I went on a road trip to San Luis Obispo to attend Vange and Namu's baby shower.  When I was young, my parents would take my brother and I on frequent road trips up to San Luis Obispo to visit my aunt's (dad's sister) family. I met Vange through my cousins and through the years we have managed to keep in touch.  I remember when we used to actually write letters to each other :).

This was Noah's first real road trip. We left Carlsbad at 6am and it was a 5 hour drive up. Poor Noah puked 3 times on the way there.

Noah still in pjs at our first stop
Noah admiring the Tiger
Beautiful centerpieces (handmade by Vange) 
 
Vange spent a whole day baking all of these yummy desserts from scratch.  Yup, Noah and I sampled all of them.
  
I started experimenting with the hipstamatic iphone app...so cool!!
Lots of fun co-ed games... after observing the water balloon toss, Noah wanted to play!
Eat Mama!!
Noah checkin' out the girls
 
 
Vange & Namu
 
Congrats Vange and Namu! We had a great time at your shower.  We can't wait to meet baby Roman!
 
We left SLO at around 4pm and we hit major traffic in Santa Barbara and LA. Thankfully, Noah passed out and took a LONG nap!

No comments: