I can't believe the holiday season is over! Here are some pictures/stories from December.
Noah had a Christmas program at his preschool that he had prepared for. He had been singing Feliz Navidad and Silent Night for a couple weeks. On the night of the program, he took a nap during our drive up to Irvine and when he woke up and saw that we were at his school, he started to cry! He didn't want to be there. His teacher was really nice about it and basically said, "There's always next year!" My parents and brother's family were in the church waiting and so we ended up meeting up with them. Noah enjoyed singing all of the songs from the audience.
| Noah and Gisselle at the Preschool Xmas Program |
One of my coworkers gave Noah a book that came with an elf, called "Elf on the Shelf." The book tells the story of how Santa sends an elf to watch the kids and then the elf reports to Santa every night on whether or not the kids have been naughty or nice. Then the elf comes back to a different spot in the house. It was our duty as parents to hide the elf in a different spot every night. Dex and I had fun picking creative spots for Noah to find the elf. Noah really looked forward to finding the elf each morning and whenever he was being bad, I would say, "Charlie, the elf is watching!" He named his elf, Charlie, after Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Charlie sitting on our candle holder
On Dec. 22nd, we celebrated Noah's birthday at home with spaghetti and chocolate mousse cake.
| Noah on his actual birthday with his mini chocolate mousse cake |
| Dig in! |
| This was Noah's very first homemade Christmas present to us |
We celebrated Christmas Eve at my parent's house. I still need to figure out how to download pictures from our video camera so those pictures will be posted at a later time. On Christmas Day, we headed to Rancho Bernardo to Ron and Tes' house for more family time, fun and food!
![]() | ||||||
| Christmas at Ron and Tes' house |
| Hanging out at home...instead of a gingerbread house, we made a gingerbread train! |
Dex and I really enjoyed our time off. It was so nice to be home. Noah was especially happy to have his daddy home. We did a lot of organizing and cleaning. I am now 31 weeks pregnant and my doctor said that I have about 8 more weeks until she induces me! We are very excited for 2011 and the many adventures that await us! Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment